CASE AGAINST FLUORIDATION by www.


 
ZERO WASTE
is the recycling of all materials back into nature or the marketplace in a manner that protects human health and the environment.
 

 

For more information on Fluoride

THE PRACTICAL CASE AGAINST FLUORIDATION
by Lynn Landes / www.ZeroWasteAmerica.org / lynnlandes@earthlink.net / (215) 629-3553

Freedom of Choice for the Individual: Individuals should not be involuntarily exposed to any medication when there is no public health crisis or interest that demands mandatory exposure, and the government has documented the certainty of harmful health effects in, at least, 10% of the population.

Inability to Control Exposure to Fluoridated Water: Those who need to control their exposure to fluoride, or suffer immediate "allergic" reactions to it, cannot escape exposure once drinking water is fluoridated. Fluoride exposure occurs while showering or bathing, as well as by drinking.

Inability to Filter Fluoride from Homeowners Water Systems: There is no practical, cost effective method to remove fluoride from water systems. Osmosis uses 3 gallons of water, for every 1 gallon filtered. Osmosis also depletes water of minerals necessary for good health.

Inability to Control Exposure from Other Sources: There is no federal or state requirement to label food or beverages regarding fluoride content. Fluoride is in over 50% of all municipal water systems and in an unknown number of products made with fluoridated water or fertilized with phosphates.

Environmental Impact: Less than 2% of fluoridated water is consumed by the public, the remaining 98% goes into storm water and sewage treatment systems (which do not remove fluoride).

Long-term Human Health Impact: Baby boomers will be the first generation with significant population segments who have experienced a lifetime of exposure to fluoridated water, food and drink products and the resulting wide array of harmful health effects. Fluoride is linked to skeletal and dental fluorosis, Alzheimer's, kidney damage, cancer, genetic damage, neurological impairment, and bone pathology.